I don’t know what I’m doing here. Just decided I’d start writing. I don’t want to get too personal but might. Thoughts of the day? A recap of what happened each day? No idea, just starting this.
This holiday season was a weird one. I was sick on Christmas Eve (and the 26th) and had a big project for work due.. while everyone else was on vacay, I got to stress about work. Ho hum, procrastination: I loathe you.
Ally and I left around 8ish from Kingsburg, a foggy challenge that led us a bit out of our way (to 41) for safety’s sake. Destination was Pismo to grab her boy and spend a little time farting around at the beach. Many others had the same idea, and our little town of Cayucos was inundated with people for their annual Polar Bear dip! I once flew my drone over it to capture a few years back.
We got Jared, did our thing, and headed for home. Now let’s talk about what the hell I’m doing here.. and NEW YEARS. 🙂
Resolutions? Naww. Goals? Sure! Here’s what’s on my mind this New Years day.
- Procrastination. Get everything done more timely. Make lists. Check things off. Don’t LAG.
- Personal Productivity. Find something to do before you relax. Clean, tidy up an area, take all trash out, do SOMETHING productive around the house/personally every single day.
- Daily Scripture & Prayer. I’ve been to the mountain top. I’ve been a successful, devout human before, and I was the best version of myself when I was devout and consistent. I NEED to get back.
- Health & Wellness. I’m an insulin-dependent type 2 diabetic. I had a stint of Diabetic Keto Acidosis the beginning of September of 2018. It scared the hell out of me, and I’m a much better patient today.. but there’s always room for improvement. More to come.
- Write daily. I don’t know why. My life’s not interesting enough to vlog, even though it’s a passion I hope to one day achieve. I think writing will help me with structure, commitment and give me a way to measure myself. We’ll see how this goes.
I take a lot of photos. As I look into Adobe Lightroom this evening, I developed a few pics I shot this afternoon in Morro Bay. A rare one of @Allysonncotton candidly smiling at me (rare) and a few from them reacting to annoying dad’s “smile!” tactics. Oh.. and one of Presley. Little crap factory decided to be photogenic as I lugged my camera inside to harvest its photos.
I intend on publishing these on my website with links on Twitter daily. I’m @chadcotton and would love a follow 🙂